[jdom-interest] Encrypted XML using JDOM

michael salmon geek at papermedia.com
Wed Aug 2 13:27:41 PDT 2000

Since Element implements Serializable, you can serialize the Element,  then
encrypt the entire thing. The problem with this approach is the extra memory
used to serialize an object, and the time to (de)code it.  If I was doing it
and the security wasnt compromised I would encrypt the
credit-card data and store it as standard Element content data.
Overall whatever the more secure solution is would probably be best.

ms-