[jdom-interest] Build from a string of XML

Vince Webb 3rd Flr GSS vince.webb at reuters.com
Thu Aug 10 13:23:18 PDT 2000

I'm new to JDOM and new to XML.
So far I have got as far as running PrettyPrint
from JavaWorld and it works OK.

I want to write an application that repeatedly
goes through the following sequence:

1) receive XML given to me as a java String by a comms API
2) build java objects
3) wade through the objects using the data to update a database

I've looked at
org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(various options here)
I don't see how to build from a String other than
writing the XML to a file and then getting JDOM
to read the file.

Any ideas ?

Regards ........ Vince

the views of Reuters Ltd.