[jdom-interest] Document.getSerializedForm()

Karla W Jaenicke Karla.Jaenicke at trw.com
Fri Aug 11 11:16:11 PDT 2000

Has anyone implemented getSerializedForm() methods for the Document,
Element, Comment classes?

I am trying to pass a Document object from an Applet to a Servlet which
then will store it to disk in a .xml file.  XMLOutputter does not seem
to be applicable for this operation and
HttpMessage.sendPostMessage(serializable object) does not seem to work
right when I pass a Document object.  My hope was to get a string
representation for the Document object in the applet and then pass it to
the servlet as a string.

Thanks in advance.