[jdom-interest] JDOM and TOMCAT

Adam Leggett adam at sensei.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 06:03:10 PDT 2000

Brett McLaughlin wrote:

> Put xerces.jar before xml.jar in your Tomcat configuration file, and it
> will work.
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

Brett,

Good News and Bad News:

Prior to your (v.helpful) message I got my webapp working by putting jdom.jar and
xerces.jar in a 'lib' folder under my web-inf. So I did'nt need to change tomcat.bat.

The bad news is that i am using Cocoon with Tomcat, and when I do ( by adding all
cocoon jars to my classpath in tomcat.bat and by copying the jars into tomcat/lib) the
app gives me the same exception.
I'm using Cocoon 1.7.4 and the jars include xerces 1_0_3 - could there be some conflict
here between this and the JDOM parser?

Put simply, Cocoon works fine when installed, but  installing it means my JDOM helper
class does not.

Are you using Tomcat with Cocoon & JDOM?

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks

Adam