[jdom-interest] Validation using XML Schema

Christophe D. Laprun chris.laprun at nist.gov
Wed Aug 23 07:07:29 PDT 2000

Matthias Brauch wrote:
> I'm not using a DTD but a Schema (personal.xsd that comes with
> XML4J 3.0.1).
> Everything works fine with the "old" xerces.jar.

Can someone with "intimate" knowledge of Xerces and/or JDOM explain
what's going on here ? I noticed that when using JDOM with the
personal-schema.xml and personal.xsd from Xerces 1.1.3, the exception is
triggered by xerces but using sax.SAXWriter (among the samples provided
with xerces) doesn't report any error. This is rather strange...

Christophe Laprun    [Ingenieur ISIMA, France / Guest researcher @NIST]
web: http://www.nist.gov/speech/staff/laprunch.htm
email: chris.laprun at nist.gov
phone: (301) 975 3191             fax: (301) 670 0939
The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent -