[jdom-interest] Missing Element.setName()

Falk Fraikin fraikin at informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Aug 25 07:23:45 PDT 2000

Hi,

I scanned the archives and found this question (Why is there no setName
method for element?) twice: 10th of August and in late June. Twice it was
answered by Jason saying it already was a long discussion and that Elliotte
should summarize the reasons. Well, I didn't find the summary and I
definitely could use this function.

(We are processing XML files by inserting some elements and attributes.
Afterwards the files are written to disk again. To be able to distinguish a
processed file we change the name of the root element after processing.)