[jdom-interest] a CDATA implementation

bob bob at accurev.com
Sat Aug 26 13:40:20 PDT 2000

> 1. If we used a Text class instead of String directly, then it could
> have an isCDATA attribute, but it was decided long ago not to use a
> separate Text node class instead of String.

Implementing XPath stuff, I'm finding the native use of Strings
possibly problematic.

Imagine:

	//text()[parent::foo]

Select all text-nodes who have a parent element of <foo>.
(I think, I'm still new to XPath).

By the time we eval the predicate, we're currently holding just
a List of String, which doesn't really allow testing any
relationships.

I'll be the first to admit I might be doing a naive implementation
of XPath, but at least for the code I've got, a Text providing
getParent() would be darn handy.

	-bob