[jdom-interest] How to "crash" JDOM, part 1

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Thu Aug 31 08:47:47 PDT 2000

> the parent of the Element returned by clone() is set to null,
> which allowed the "bar.addContent(bar)" statement to work.

Ah, right!

> What are your thoughts on adding the loop prevention code?

I lean toward adding it because it's not that much a hit, but it really
makes me think we should have a way to turn off sanity checking for
performance critical uses of JDOM.  (Just like XML has the ability to
turn off verification!)

> I'd be happy to do the work.

Cool.  The strategy as you saw was explained earlier in this thread.