[jdom-interest] Issue: When the DTD is not available

Richard Monson-Haefel Richard at Monson-Haefel.com
Wed Dec 13 09:04:19 PST 2000

Brett McLaughlin wrote:

> > The exceptions are generated by the underlying parsers, so there may not
> > be a solution, but it would be nice -- when validate is set to false --
> > if you could allow a file to be parsed without requiring the presence of
> > the DTD.
>
> It is in the underlying parser, but I think we can write some code to
> catch that error, and deal with it internally, rather than propogating
> it up to the calling program (your code, in this case).
>

> > The "problem" occurs under the following conditions:
> >
> > The DTD is public at some Internet address but the file is not there.
> > The DTD is public at some Internet address but the machine is not
> > connected.
> > The DTD is a system file, but its not in the same directory as the VM.
>
> I'll try and get this going this weekend... I've got a heating and air
> guy here today, as well as furniture being delivered, so I'm tied up
> today ;-)

Its not a critical problem for me personally, just something I observed. If I have time
before the weekend (seems unlikely) I'll submit a diff with a proposed fix. Otherwise
I'll leave it to the experts.

Richard
--
Richard Monson-Haefel
Author of Enterprise JavaBeans, 2nd Edition  (O'Reilly 2000)