[jdom-interest] Trouble with attributes

Richard Monson-Haefel Richard at Monson-Haefel.com
Thu Dec 14 12:44:25 PST 2000

JDOM or the SAXBuilder is having trouble reading attributes in my XML
file.  I'm using the latest download -- just got it 10 min ago. When I
remove the attribute "type="Stateless"' It parses the XML file without a
problem, but as soon as I put it back in, I get the below exception.

Below is the error message and attached are the simple DTD and XML file
I'm using.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

******** ERROR **********
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.xml.sax.Attributes: method
getQName(I)Ljava/lang/String; not found

    at org.jdom.input.SAXHandler.startElement(SAXBuilder.java:668)

    at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1199)

    at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.callStartElement(XMLParser.java:1891)

    at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1831)

    at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1223)

    at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:381)

    at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1186)

    at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:336)

    at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:369)

    at org.openejb.alt.JdomAssembler.build(JdomAssembler.java:98)

    at org.openejb.OpenEJB.init(OpenEJB.java:136)

    at org.openejb.ri.server.Server.<init>(Server.java:131)

    at org.openejb.ri.server.Server.main(Server.java:235)

    at symantec.tools.debug.Agent.runMain(Native Method)

    at symantec.tools.debug.MainThread.run(Agent.java:48)

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
Author of Enterprise JavaBeans, 2nd Edition  (O'Reilly 2000)