[jdom-interest] Newbie compile problems

Frank Cohen fcohen at inclusion.net
Wed Jul 12 20:22:29 PDT 2000

I'm using JDK 1.2.2 build 6 from Sun, downloaded the JDOM Beta 4 build, tried compiling using Ant and got a compiler error complaining NoSuchProcessingInstructionException is unknown. I looked into the code and found  NoSuchProcessingInstructionException part of the org.jdom package.

Anyone know what I've done wrong?

Frank Cohen

H:\jdom\jdom>echo %JAVA_HOME%

Java and XML Build System
Building with classpath c:\java\java122\lib\tools.jar;.\lib\xerces.jar;.\lib\ant
Starting Ant...
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: H:\jdom\jdom
Executing Target: init
----------- Java Document Object Model (JDOM) 1.0beta4 [2000] ------------
Executing Target: prepare
Executing Target: prepare-src
Executing Target: compile
Compiling 1 source files to H:\jdom\jdom\build\classes
H:\jdom\jdom\build\src\org\jdom\Document.java:252: Class org.jdom.NoSuchProcessi
ngInstructionException not found in throws.
        throws NoSuchProcessingInstructionException {
H:\jdom\jdom\build\src\org\jdom\Document.java:264: Class org.jdom.NoSuchProcessi
ngInstructionException not found.
        throw new NoSuchProcessingInstructionException(target);
H:\jdom\jdom\build\src\org\jdom\Document.java:353: Return required at end of boo
lean removeProcessingInstruction(java.lang.String).
    public boolean removeProcessingInstruction(String target) {
H:\jdom\jdom\build\src\org\jdom\Document.java:355: Class org.jdom.NoSuchProcessi
ngInstructionException not found in try.
        try {
H:\jdom\jdom\build\src\org\jdom\Document.java:357: Class org.jdom.NoSuchProcessi
ngInstructionException not found.
        } catch (NoSuchProcessingInstructionException e) {
5 errors
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.