[jdom-interest] Builder interface missing in beta4?

Brett McLaughlin brett.mclaughlin at lutris.com
Thu Jun 15 08:46:24 PDT 2000

> Chang Sau Sheong wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this mailing list so not sure if this has already been
> asked, but there are a couple of interfaces and classes missing in
> beta4. From a quick scanover, I saw that Builder and AbstractBuilder
> is missing. Is this an oversight or a purposeful omission?

Hi Chang -

  I'm guessing if you are looking specifically for those, you may have
my book ;-)  For a long list of reasons, Builder and AbstractBuilder are
no longer part of JDOM. We discovered that most Builders don't have a
common starting point, such as always taking an InputStream, File, and
URL. Some take ResultSet objects, some take DOM objects, etc. So now you
just use them directly... for example, instead of:

Builder builder = new SAXBuilder();

you just do:

SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder();

Of course, the import org.jdom.input.Builder statement goes away as
well.

Hope that helps.

-Brett

--