[jdom-interest] SQLBuilder Taglib 1.0 ...

Jon Baer jonbaer at digitalanywhere.com
Thu Jun 15 08:44:23 PDT 2000

I just tried my first crack @ building a taglib with SQLBuilder, if
anyone is interested in it please email me, Im not too familiar on the
distribution model of the taglib.jar files so it needs some intructions
but if you are using JSP 1.1 it works nicely.  Here is an example:

<%@ page contentType="text/plain" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/sqlbuilder_1_0.tld" prefix="sqlbuilder" %>
<sqlbuilder:build url="jdbc:odbc:db1" rootName="people"
entryName="person" setAsAttributes="id,email">
 Select * From People
</sqlbuilder:build>

Thats all you need, im trying to make the tag as extensive as the
builder itself is.  What I would love to make is an XML tag that allows
you to "drop" elements into a page as such:

<xml:build file="file.xml/>

<xml:element name="elementName"/>

Etc, etc.  Does anyone know if something like this exists yet?

Thanks.