[jdom-interest] NoSuch*Exceptions in JDOM

Thomas M. Sasala tsasala at hifusion.com
Mon Jun 19 15:53:09 PDT 2000

	I personally like returning null.  Catching exceptions has become
a very serious PITA for us while processing attributes.  It's
but we're merging elements - some have the attributes and some don't.
a lot easier to test for null, add the attribute, and move than catch
an exception.  Plus, isn't there a significant amount of overhead
for a try/catch (just a rumor I remember reading about a number of
years ago)?