[jdom-interest] XSLT && JDOM

bob bob at werken.com
Mon Jun 19 23:42:11 PDT 2000

Howdy folkeses-

I've recently become smitten with XSLT stuff (theoretically,
at least, after reading chapter 14 of Elliotte's book.
[online, free, and wacky cool]).

Anyhow, it seems that XSLT stuff defines 'content' to be
the character data between open and close tags.  Which could
include the content of nested children.

I seem to recal that getContent() in jdom is a shallow
character fetcher.  Does jdom support a nested/recursive
version?  I guess we can't use getContent(boolean recursive)
since we decided on getContent(boolean includeWhitespace).

If getContent() is indeed shallow, anyone interested in
getSubtreeContent() or similar for getting the content of
the entire tree rooted at the current element?

Also, anyone know of the Xalan project is aware of jdom,
and/or is willing to create native jdom support?  (If I
have to continuously convert JDOM <-> DOM, I'd probably
punt and attempt to write my own XSLT engine for jdom.
I hate DOM that much. ;)

	-bob