AW: [jdom-interest] JDOM and Applets

Arvidsson, Hokan hokan.arvidsson at
Fri Jun 23 00:29:32 PDT 2000

JDOM and applets seem to work without problems.
I generated compressed jar files with e.g. 'jar cf myappl.jar'.
The applet tag looks like this:
    CODE = "mypackage.MyClass"
    ARCHIVE = "aelfred.jar,myappl.jar,jdom-b4.jar,openxml.jar,xerces.jar"
    WIDTH = 400 HEIGHT = 300 >

Håkan Arvidsson

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Vincent Vollers [mailto:tsunami at]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. Juni 2000 13:19
An: jdom-interest at
Betreff: [jdom-interest] JDOM and Applets

Hi all,
I'm trying to get JDOM to work in an applet,
and it works fine in appletviewer, but whenever I try
to run it in a browser, it all of sudden can't find
it's resources. (in xerces.jar to be precise)
but it still can't find it's classes when I repack
both jdom and xerces in 1 jar file.
(the file which it seems to be missing:
is present in the .jar archive)
or when I insert a manifest file in jdom.jar
which points to xerces.jar.
and when I use the java plugin, it says
"applet not initialized" and keeps loading..
and In all three cases it works fine in the appletviewer
or when I try a test program and run it with
Has anyone tried writing an applet which uses
- Vincent Vollers