[jdom-interest] Disruptive technologies

Jon Baer jonbaer at digitalanywhere.com
Sat Jun 24 11:59:22 PDT 2000

I think this is a great article that I will forward along to my collegue who just
this weekend was talking about how abstract programming in general will become from
the use of XML, his thoughts were that people coming out of school 10 years from now
were not going to know C, C++, Java or VB and that XML will be the high-level
programming language for the future.  It was an interesting arguement but I felt
somewhat in agreeing with the fact that XML languages (like the new upcoming
Interface Markup Language - IML - www.imlforum.org) may be someone of conforming to a
"write once, run everywhere" ideal and that XML could make it happen since it is
extremely high level and open.

- Jon