AW: [jdom-interest] JDOM and Applets

Bill Lober lober at ohana.org
Mon Jun 26 09:20:37 PDT 2000

Another variation of the applet vs developer struggle?  I spent all
yesterday working on what I think is the same problem.  My code snippit
looks like this:

<APPLET  CODE = "JappletAppl.class" ARCHIVE = " IA9.jar, jdom-b4.jar,
xerxes.jar" WIDTH = 100 HEIGHT = 80 >

The first part of the error I get is (from the Java 1.3 Plug-in console):

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/SAXNotRecognizedException
         at LoadJDOM.<init>(LoadJDOM.java:97)
         at LoadJDOM.<init>(LoadJDOM.java:84)
         at Annotations.loadIML1(Annotations.java:743)
         at DAFrame.getFrame(DAFrame.java:224)
         (etc...)

My code, of course, works fine in the development environment.

What, and where, is the openxml.jar file?  Is that the problem?

I'm not as familiar with jars, manifests, etc. so not sure where to go from
here.

Thanks for any help,

Bill