Fwd: Re: [jdom-interest] NoSuch*Exceptions in JDOM

David Williams xiarcel at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 11:09:45 PDT 2000

What would be the proposed benefit for returning a
null value rather than an exception?

Exceptions can sometimes allow you more flexibility
when handling things... for example.. if the child
that wasn't found WAS the entire HTML document, you
could abort the rest of the process and/or start over,
rather than proceed with a value that is null or
set...

Or maybe I've misunderstood the discussion?? (I did
enter mid-stream)

~Dave