[jdom-interest] Element serializing and deserializing from st ring

Chris Poe CPoe at mediaconnex.com
Wed Nov 1 17:50:45 PST 2000

Sibon -

If you mean serialize a Java object, I've just recently done this. I used
the encoding functionality of the JavaMail 1.1 package.
This is what I did:

1. Use the javax.mail.internet.MimeUtility methods, encode and decode with a
'base64' encoding on the ObjectInputStreams and serialize the object(s).

2. Stick the resulting string into a JDOM element and voila! Serialized
objects in an XML document!

Good luck,
...c.