[jdom-interest] Element.getMixedContent().addAll(...) adding into an empty Element fails -

Michael Skells mskells at aspirebanking.com
Thu Nov 16 01:01:24 PST 2000

Adding into an empty list fails and will always fail.
PartialList.java:227 ->       int index =
PartialList seems an unusual beast, I believe that it would be better to
have a filtered list.
The implementation of the PartialList is only semi live, as chnages to
the backing object list are not reflected. => The position of the added
components is not guaranteed
the performance of the PartialList seems poor to me as the
implementation scans the list, and the backing list on many 'simple'
for instance I believe that the performance will exhibit algebraic decay
increasing numbers of elements when add() is called, due to the

also the management of the list as two lists ( one for the backing store
and one for the PartialList seems unwaranted
I am happy to provide an implemntation of FullList to handle the result
of getMixedContent()

(from beta5)
        at java.util.LinkedList.getLast(LinkedList.java:107)
        at org.jdom.PartialList.addAll(PartialList.java:227)