[jdom-interest] getAdditionalNamespaces()

bob mcwhirter bob at werken.com
Thu Nov 16 07:50:42 PST 2000

Howdy folks--

I'm enjoying the getAdditionalNamespaces() functionality,
but it seems a tad off, when compared to the rest of the

If there are no additional namespaces, it returns 'null',
instead of a Collections.EMPTY_LIST or some other empty

This just causes client code to have to add an extra if()

	List ns = elem.getAdditionalNamespaces();

	if (ns != null )
		Iterator nsIter = ns.iterator();

So, I'd like to request that getAdditionalNamespaces()
never return null, but rather Collections.EMPTY_LIST,
or a valid, live, empty List.  Just not null.

	-bob mcwhirter