[jdom-interest] Element Reference from Attribute

Jerry Lawson jerry.lawson at virtualsummit.com
Fri Nov 17 11:57:40 PST 2000

One more thing your SAXFactory would need:

   public Document createDocument (Element root) {
        return new Document (root);
   }

This would help those of us that require extending the Document class.

I'm not sure "SAXFactory" is a good name for this factory, though,
since it is not really SAX-specific, but really JDOM specific.
Maybe "JdomFactory" (or something similar) would be more appropriate.

James Strachan wrote:

> /** Default factory used by SAXBuilder / SAXHandler to
>   * create JDOM objects from a SAX event stream
>   */
> public class SAXFactory {
>
>     public Element createElement(String localName, Namespace
> elementNamespace) {
>         return new Element( localName, elementNamespace );
>     }
>     public Element createElement(String localName) {
>         return new Element(localName);
>     }
>
>     public Attribute createAttribute(Element element, String attLocalName,
> String value, Namespace attNamespace) {
>         return new Attribute(attLocalName, value, attNamespace);
>     }
>
>     public Attribute createAttribute(Element element, String attLocalName,
> String value) {
>         return new Attribute(attLocalName, value);
>     }
>
>     public ProcessingInstruction createProcessingInstruction(String target,
> String data) {
>         return new ProcessingInstruction(target, data);
>     }
>
>     public CDATA createCDATA(String data) {
>         return new CDATA(data);
>     }
>
>     public DocType createDocType(String name, String publicId, String
> systemId) {
>         return new DocType(name, publicId, systemId);
>     }
>
>     public Entity createEntity(String name) {
>         return new Entity(name);
>     }
>
>     public Comment createComment(String commentText) {
>         return new Comment(commentText);
>     }
> }
>
> J.
>
> James Strachan
> email: james at metastuff.com
> web: http://www.metastuff.com
>
> If you are not the addressee of this confidential e-mail and any
> attachments, please delete it and inform the sender; unauthorised
> redistribution or publication is prohibited. Views expressed are those of
> the author and do not necessarily represent those of Citria Limited.

Jerry Lawson                   Virtual Summit, Inc.
Virtual Programmer   jerry.lawson at virtualsummit.com