[jdom-interest] Element Reference from Attribute

Laurent Bihanic lbihanic at atos-group.com
Thu Nov 23 07:09:48 PST 2000

philip.nelson at omniresources.com wrote:

> Just to clarify, in your scenario, would the xmloutputter and sax/dom
> builders use the simple or the doubly linked classes?

Existing outputters sould cope with the "mimimum" simply linked
classes.  On the other hand, if the core JDOM API supports two
types of nodes (document, element...), it should provide an easy
way to choose which type of document to build and default to the
simply linked classes.
And, for me, "easy way" cannot mean extending each builder. If the
builders are to support factories then the core API shall include
a factory for each type of node supported.