[jdom-interest] Element Reference from Attribute

James Strachan james at metastuff.com
Thu Nov 23 08:40:46 PST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Laurent Bihanic" <lbihanic at atos-group.com>
To: <jdom-interest at jdom.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2000 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [jdom-interest] Element Reference from Attribute

> philip.nelson at omniresources.com wrote:
>
> > Just to clarify, in your scenario, would the xmloutputter and sax/dom
> > builders use the simple or the doubly linked classes?
>
> Existing outputters sould cope with the "mimimum" simply linked
> classes.  On the other hand, if the core JDOM API supports two
> types of nodes (document, element...), it should provide an easy
> way to choose which type of document to build and default to the
> simply linked classes.

Agreed. Though I'm tempted to say doubly linked should be the default as its
more powerful.

> And, for me, "easy way" cannot mean extending each builder. If the
> builders are to support factories then the core API shall include
> a factory for each type of node supported.

Check out my earlier code submission...

http://lists.denveronline.net/lists/jdom-interest/2000-November/003778.html

I refactored SAXBuilder such that it used a single class, SAXFactory to
create all the necessary JDOM objects when building the tree. (Rather than a
seperate factory object for each type of JDOM object).

Only 2 implementations of this class would be required to implement a 2 tier
tree approach.

J.

James Strachan
email: james at metastuff.com
web: http://www.metastuff.com

If you are not the addressee of this confidential e-mail and any
attachments, please delete it and inform the sender; unauthorised
redistribution or publication is prohibited. Views expressed are those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Citria Limited.