[jdom-interest] beta5 #2

Alex Chaffee guru at edamame.stinky.com
Fri Oct 6 10:32:54 PDT 2000

> > I updated CVS tonight and ran a few tests.  I didn't notice any
> > breakage, though I did notice what appears to be an extraneous method:
> >
> >     In XMLOutputter, there are two protected printAttributes methods.
> > The second one (without a namespace arg) is never used within
> > XMLOutputter.
>
> You are right, and I took care of that in CVS just now.

I'm reading Genome right now and this reminds me of so-called "fossil
DNA" -- genes that sit around happily generating proteins that are
never used, that used to have a function millions or billions of
generations ago.  If you'd left it in, then future JDOMologists would
have been able to infer that at one point, the XMLOutputter treated
Namespaces in a more simplistic way or not at all...

Wow, imagine if geneticists could use CVS...

 - A

Alex Chaffee                       mailto:alex at jguru.com