[jdom-interest] PROPOSAL: Remove most constructors from XMLOu tputter (was round trip XML)

James Strachan james at metastuff.com
Wed Oct 18 08:00:52 PDT 2000

> > I'd like to do this.  Can I have a straw poll on the following?

[snip]

> Howsabout:
>
> XMLOutConfiguration config = new XMLOutConfiguration();
>
> config.useNewlines("true");
> config.stripWhitespace("true");
>
> XMLOutputter out = new XMLOutputter(config);

I agree.

Also then the common configurations of the XMLOutputter could be declared as
final variables so thing like the following could be done:-

    XMLOutputter out = new XMLOutputter( XMLOutConfiguration.MINIMAL );

where the values could be

    MINIMAL, NORMAL, VERBOSE etc.

so common sets of configuration options such as (new lines + whitespace) can
be used as a single constructor argument.

Regards
James

James Strachan
email: james at metastuff.com
web: http://www.metastuff.com

If you are not the addressee of this confidential e-mail and any
attachments, please delete it and inform the sender; unauthorised
redistribution or publication is prohibited. Views expressed are those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Citria Limited.