[jdom-interest] Re: Fast or Safe?

Gerardo Horvilleur mago at mail.internet.com.mx
Fri Sep 1 05:03:55 PDT 2000

> >It would be something like: Element foo = factory.newElement("foo")
> >which seems reasonable enough to me. It is not too different from
> >what we have right now and it makes it possible to have multiple
> >implementations.
>
>         It's quite reasonable, my only concern is that it probably breaks all
> existing code, which we may not want to do. Fortunately we're in the
> pre-1.0 stage, and it's easier to justify the large change. Brett? Jason?
> What do you think?

I wonder what percentage of the programs using JDOM are only using it to parse
and extract information from an XML file by using a SAXBuilder or DOMBuilder, and
therefore do not have any line of code where they explicitly create an Element
(or Attribute, etc.). If SAXBuilder and DOMBuilder use a default factory unless told
otherwise, then none of those programs would be affected.
--

Gerardo Horvilleur
mago at mail.internet.com.mx