[jdom-interest] XMLOutputter documentation doesn't match the code.

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Fri Sep 1 04:29:36 PDT 2000

At 12:46 PM -0600 8/31/00, Brad Morgan wrote:
>The Javadoc documentation states that XMLOutputter() defaults to two space
>indent and new lines.  The code appears to implement no indent and no new
>lines.

Don't get too worked up about any inconsistencies you find in
XMLOutputter just yet. There are still going to be major changes to
the API and implementation of this class for 1.0 so there's not a lot
to be gained by tweaking the existing code. Progress has stopped for
the time being while we're arguing about how to implement the changes
we all know are needed.

|                  The XML Bible (IDG Books, 1999)                   |
|              http://metalab.unc.edu/xml/books/bible/               |
|   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0764532367/cafeaulaitA/   |