[jdom-interest] JDOM as a Database API?

Gerardo Horvilleur mago at mail.internet.com.mx
Mon Sep 4 22:35:51 PDT 2000

Have any of you thought about using JDOM as a Database API?

There are many applications were I would prefer to have an XML-based data model and use
JDOM to access the information rather tan store it in a RDBMS and have to use JDBC.

To test this idea I am planning to write a JDOM implementation where all the information
(Elements, Attributes, content, etc.) is stored in a RDBMS instead of using in-memory
data structures, but before I start I just wanted to check if anybody out there has already
done it.
--

Gerardo Horvilleur
mago at mail.internet.com.mx