[jdom-interest] Modified XMLOutputter which optionally omits white space

Brad Morgan Brad.Morgan at e-pubcorp.com
Tue Sep 12 14:07:35 PDT 2000

I've been struggling with the fact that JDOM trees include or exclude
whitespace depending on the presence or absence of a DTD.

I think I understand this behavior but it doesn't make it any easier to deal
with.

Since XMLOutputter has options to add formatting to the output XML file, I
thought it should also have an option to remove (old) formatting as well.

This appears to solve my problem where I have modified the document and
possibly changed its structure as I added and removed elements.

I've attached my modified version below for consideration.  The original was
current on Friday but I didn't check to see if any changes were made over
the weekend.  From all the reading I've done about CVS, I think someone with
the proper access can properly merge my changes.

Brad Morgan
e-Publishing Corp.

Email: Brad.Morgan at e-pubcorp.com
Phone: (719)593-7377 x35
Fax: (719)593-2996

e-Publishing Corp. is a BroadVision company
NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the
intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of
the message and its attachments and notify us immediately.