[jdom-interest] getText with an empty element

Kem Morehead kmorehead at idiominc.com
Wed Sep 20 13:46:01 PDT 2000

I have a feeling this is a stupid question, but I need to be code-complete
in a day so I'm really under the gun. I had jdom working fine, then I had to
switch to the most recent source code and everything went to hell in a
handbasket (so-to-speak).

Here's my question: I have an empty element, which aparently means that
content (in Element.java) is null. When I try to do getText(), instead of
returning null, I get a null pointer exception (because content is null).
What am I supposed to do instead? Which method is it that I need?

I'm really sorry if the answer is obvious.

Thanks in advance!

Kem Morehead, software engineer
Idiom, Inc. [www.idiominc.com]
781.464.6113