[jdom-interest] Bypassing Fetching DTD on JDom

Maaziar Sadr jteam at knowledgeview.co.uk
Thu Sep 28 04:12:08 PDT 2000

Dear all,
I have a problem regarding parsing an xml file in JDOM api, I appreciate
if
anyone knows a workaround that can help me.
If I have an xml file that contains a DOCTYPE tag in it, and that tag
points
to a URL that is unavailable (for any reason). The DOMBuilder will take
quite sometime trying to fetch that URL.

Is there anyway to force the DOMBuilder to bypass fetching the URL that
is
specified in the DOCTYPE tag?

 I tried using "new DOMBuilder(false);" to disable DTD validation but
still the JDOM api
persists on fetching that URL.

Any help is really appreciated.
Thank you very much.