[jdom-interest] beta5 comments
jozart at csi.com
Fri Sep 29 03:36:11 PDT 2000
I downloaded jdom-complete.zip today and gave it a whirl. It's been
about 6 weeks since I updated last. Because this is a beta5 candidate,
I jotted down a few notes:
1. Building. Both build.bat and build11.bat work fine.
* Note: To build for JDK1.1 using Java2, remove classes.zip from
* Warning: If you run both build11.bat and build.bat, do a 'build
clean' after 'build11' and before 'build'. Otherwise, the second
'build' won't do anything.
2. XMLOutputter. Now that formatting is preserved, XMLOutputter is not
the pretty-printer it once was. However, I need some kind of outputter
that will produce the same result whether the input document was
programmatically constructed (without formatting) or constructed from a
text file (with formatting). What's the recommended procedure?
3. JDK1.1. Even though I use the JDK1.1 build, I'm happy with leaving
JDK1.1 as a second-class build. In other words, it's OK with me if the
beta5 release does *not* contain a pre-built JDK1.1 jdom.jar. It's also
OK with me if the JDK1.1 build uses the same 'build' directory as
Java2 -- even though this can be a little confusing. The way I see it:
Java2 was developed nearly 2 years ago so JDK1.1 users should have to
suffer -- and in fact most of use are already accustomed to doing so.
Instead of tidying-up the JDK1.1 build, I'd rather see the extra effort
applied toward mainline development.
4. Thanks! Aside from the XMLOutputter nit above, the beta5 candidate
works for me.
More information about the jdom-interest