[jdom-interest] JDOM && Jaxen

Richard Cook rpc at prismtechnologies.com
Mon Aug 6 09:19:01 PDT 2001

Isn't Namespace more of a variation on singleton than flyweight as there is
no "extrinsic state" which is passed into Namespace methods. It's
specifically one Namespace per prefix/uri pair. The parent could be the
extrinsic state (I think this is mentioned in the book), but this would only
be worthwhile if there were methods on Namespace which needed the parent
(obviously you couldn't pass it in for subsequent return by getParent() ...
:))

I lost the thread of the original xpath query, but could it be solved by
having a getParents() method on Namespace which returned a list of places
the namespace was declared?