[jdom-interest] Schema Validation

Rodney S. Foley rsfoley at harddollar.com
Tue Aug 7 10:14:37 PDT 2001

I would like to know if we could use JDOM to validate an XML file against a
10/2000 Schema.  Also the XML file will not state a schema.

We are doing this currently by using Oracle XML Parser v2.0.2 to validate an
incoming XML file against a schema. Then we use JDOM B6 to read the file
into our application.

The reason we do it this way, is that we could not find out how to basically
tell JDOM here is a schema and here is an XML file.  Then ask if the XML
file is valid according to the provided schema.  We can do that with the
Oracle XML Parser very easily, however we prefer to use JDOM for getting the
XML into the application once it has passed validation.

I am asking if JDOM can do this or something similar so we are not dependant
on Oracle and JDOM, and we can only use JDOM.

Please advise...

Rodney S. Foley
Software Developer
Hard Dollar Corporation