[jdom-interest] String Interning

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Wed Aug 8 12:40:59 PDT 2001

Parsers do interning, and Xerces does a faster intern than
String.intern(), so thus far we've let the parsers handle it.  That's
not 100% sufficient tho since a parser is legally free to not intern,
which is why we have this in the TODO.txt:

* Examine if it's worth doing an intern() on element and attribute
  or if it's too much to pay since SAX is likely doing it already
  Probably turn off SAX interning and do it ourselves?  Note commentary:
  Regardless, the SAX builder should not assume there's interning!