[jdom-interest] SAXBuilder again [better formatting]

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Thu Aug 9 07:48:12 PDT 2001

My guess is that using SAX is going to be more efficient. JDOM holds the
document model in memory, and while a JDOM model is considerably less
memory intensive than a DOM model, it's still going to take a lot of
space. In addition, since you have to use a SAX parser anyway to create
the JDOM object, why not just skip the extra step.

As I said, that's my guess. If someone more in-the-know can correct any
misconceptions on my part, I'd appreciate it.

Todd