[jdom-interest] Invalid XML character in CDATA

Jason Hunter jhunter at acm.org
Sun Aug 26 22:03:22 PDT 2001

You're probably using a Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1) encoding but aren't
declaring that, so the parser is assuming UTF-8 (as per the spec) in
which 192 is most likely illegal.

BTW, ASCII only covers 0 to 127.  If it was truly an ASCII char, you
wouldn't have this problem because ASCII is a subset of UTF-8.  :-)

-jh-