[jdom-interest] Re: BUG: XMLOutputter inserts extra empty lines

Joseph Bowbeer jozart at csi.com
Fri Dec 7 00:38:34 PST 2001

Hallvard Tratteberg writes to James Todd:

> I've been toying with the same idea, a kind of output-analog
> to the Builder, SAXBuilder and SAXParser structure that is
> used when reading, parsing and building a document.
> The idea is to use the SAXReader (or SAXFilter) interface
> to also perform output, and I believe there are SAXReaders
> that do this already, i.e. receive SAX events and write out
> a new XML document ...

JDOM already has some of this:

 org.jdom.output.SAXOutputter (shredder + writer)

 samples.sax.XMLWriter plus some filter implementations

By the way, samples.sax.XMLWriter was derived from Megginson's XMLWriter
(ver 0.2).  Our version includes a couple of bug fixes and a different class
hierarchy than Megginson's original version.

The most complete XMLWriter I know of is Dave Brownell's

James Strachan's org.dom4j.io.XMLWriter is also worthy of mention:

Joe Bowbeer