[jdom-interest] Oracle Adapter bug

Elliotte Harold - java FAQ elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Tue Dec 25 06:46:12 PST 2001

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, Eugene Karpov wrote:

> Oracle parser processes <?xml...> directive and allows to access it.
> But Verifier's checkProcessingInstructionTarget prevents to declare such
> instructions, so I cann't process XML via Oracle parsers.

If what you mean is that Oracle is reporting the XML declaration as a
processing instruction, then this is a bug in Oracle. The xml
decalration (e.g. <?xml version="1.0"?>) is not a processing
instruction. The only suggestion
we can offer is that you report the bug to them and wait for them to fix
it. Or you could switch to an open source parser that allows you to fix
bugs when you find them (and that probabaly doesn't have this bug in the
first place.)

Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo at metalab.unc.edu
elharo at macfaq.com