[jdom-interest] JDOM and XSL

Alessandro Marcellini amarcell at tiscalinet.it
Tue Feb 6 03:55:38 PST 2001

Hi,
I tested the code with Pipe, but it seems to have some problem when there is a lot
of data to transform. (A blocking situation occur ...)

So I used an Example (DOM2DOM) that comes with Xalan2 and hacked another code that
takes in
input a org.w3c.dom.Document Object (That you can build with org.jdom.DOMOutputter)
and put the output in an OutputStream.
Here is the code ...
I hope this help!

 private void transform( org.w3c.dom.Document doc, File xslt, OutputStream out )
  throws IOException, javax.xml.transform.TransformerException,
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException, Exception
 {

    if(!tFactory.getFeature(DOMSource.FEATURE) ||
!tFactory.getFeature(DOMResult.FEATURE))
       throw new Exception("trasform: DOM not supported");

      // Process the stylesheet StreamSource and generate a Transformer.
      Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new StreamSource(xslt));

      // Use the DOM Document to define a DOMSource object.
      DOMSource domSource = new DOMSource(doc);

      // Set the base URI for the DOMSource so any relative URIs it contains can
      // be resolved.
      domSource.setSystemId("file.xml");

      // Create an empty DOMResult for the Result.
      DOMResult domResult = new DOMResult();

     // Perform the transformation, placing the output in the DOMResult.
      transformer.transform(domSource, domResult);

     //Instantiate an XML serializer and use it to serialize the output DOM to
System.out
     // using a default output format.
      Serializer serializer =
SerializerFactory.getSerializer(OutputProperties.getDefaultMethodProperties("xml"));
      serializer.setOutputStream(out);
      serializer.asDOMSerializer().serialize(domResult.getNode());
 }