[jdom-interest] Element.getSerializedForm() - coming soon?

Jeff Linwood jlinwood at Mediaprise.com
Wed Feb 7 09:33:49 PST 2001

Hi,

I would like to be able to print out the XML behind an element as a String,
including any content or children. Element.toString() doesn't print out
nearly enough information, and points me to getSerializedForm, which hasn't
been implemented as of the 1.52 revision of Element.java in CVS.

This is really useful for unit test cases.

Are there plans to implement getSerializedForm() soon?  I may end up
implementing it myself as part of my code, but there is probably some
background reason why it hasn't been done yet.

I couldn't find this question in the recent mail archives anywhere.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Linwood
Mediaprise, Inc.