[jdom-interest] Strange "ClassNotFoundException" when I try JDOM with JServ

Antonios Peris aperis at largemedium.com
Thu Feb 8 18:26:57 PST 2001

Hey there this is my problem:

I'm trying to implement JDOM in servlets and replace exisitng w3c.Dom
Implementations but I get a strange problem. In Jserv log files I'm always
receiving the following errors:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/util/collections/HashMap
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/util/collections/List

and also java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/Namespace !!! (what that
has to do with it?!).
Anyway I know that there are distributions of JDOM that uses the above
Interface implementations of HashMap and List but the one I use has the the
more ususal java.util representations of them! (did check the source code)
So is there anyone who can help me out with this?

I use the following software:
    Apache WebServer
    Apache JServ 1.1.2
    JDOM 5