[jdom-interest] SAXBuilder questions

Rosen, Alex arosen at silverstream.com
Wed Feb 7 11:29:36 PST 2001

(1) Wouldn't it be nice if there were a version of SAXBuilder that took an
already-created XMLReader? Currently there doesn't seem to be a way that I can
turn on arbitrary SAX features that aren't supported by the SAXBuilder API. I'd
like to create an XMLReader myself, set it up however I'd like, and give it to
SAXBuilder.

(2) Looking at the new JAXP support in SAXBuilder, I think it should use
ClassLoader.loadClass() instead of Class.forName(). That gives it a better
chance of finding the JAXP classes if they're loaded via a ClassLoader, rather
than via the system classpath.

Alex