[jdom-interest] JDOM -> <CR LF> Problem in an Element as CDATA-> Solution

Schneider Aaron Marc schneider at hiko.de
Thu Feb 8 23:52:12 PST 2001

Re Hi all,

thanks for your assistance.

I 've solved my Carrige Return Line Feed Problem.

Remember:
I've triied to store E-Mails to an XML File.
Everytime a part of the eMail System restarts (the POPClient or the
SMTPServer) it rereads the mails.xml file.

The earliest version of the "Mailer System" stored the E-Mails to a
normal Element as String.
Than I realized that I do not know what data is to be send
respectively received.
Therefore I decided to take a CDATA Block for the received E-Mail
Data.

When I stored the DATA block as a CDATA I found several problems.

With the getText Method of Element I could get the CDATA without the
CDATA Tag (<![CDATA[ data ]]>).Thats fine.

BUT everytime I rewrite the Data to XML a new Line was added to the
top and bottom of the data.

I searched around for a while, took a look in the source of Element
and realized that, if you set the setNewLines() to false, no newlines
added to the pure DATA.

I thought NewLines was just for "pretty printing" of the XML File, to
grand better humanreadability, not for adding newlines to a CDATA
Block (witch is in turn a change of the Data the Element holds).

Now it all works the way I would like it to do.

Thank you much again.

I just wanted you to profit from my solution

Greetings

 Aaron

Aaron Marc Schneider			mailto:schneider at hiko.de
HIKO medical communication		http://www.hiko.de
Teichstr. 15-19			Tel: +49 6331 5169 38
D-66953 Pirmasens			Fax: +49 6331 5169 35
Germany