[jdom-interest] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.xml.sax.Attributes: method getQName(I)Ljava/lang/String; not found

bob mcwhirter bob at werken.com
Sat Feb 10 21:11:35 PST 2001

> I am trying to work with the Ant "Anakia" task that comes with Velocity, by
> Jon Stevens, but I am getting an error that I think might be a JDOM/xerces
> problem.  I have pasted the stack trace below.  The only jars in my
> classpath were the ant-1.2.jar, jdom.jar, and xerces.jar that came with the
> JDOM-b5 distribution, and velocity-0.71.jar.

The Anakia task is built around a more recent version of JDOM.

Check the Velocity distribution (CVS works), and use the jdom.jar included
there (also, use the werken.xpath and antlr.jar that are included).

As far as I know, All Velocity/Anakia stuff that's needed to run is
included directly in the project, typically in the build/lib/ directory.

Also, velocity-user mailing list might help you with regards to using
and building Velocity/Anakia.

	-bob