[jdom-interest] What kind of support will there be for XML Schema in the validato r.

Solano, Art asolano at doghouse.com
Tue Feb 13 13:10:32 PST 2001

Looking at the source in DomBuilder and SaxBuilder, validation is abstracted
beyond whether a DTD or Schema will be used.  Either the parsers default
validator is used, or the SAXNotSupportedException is thrown when this
feature is absent.  Xerces 1.3.x seems to support XML schema.  I haven't
tried it yet.  Will plugging in the latest Xerces parser allow JDOM to work
with Schema's?  My guess it might as long as Xerces interprets validation
on, as applying to either DTD or Schema.

cheers
Art Solano
FCG Doghouse
(571) 633 - 8626