[jdom-interest] TODO.TXT: jdom.jar main method and class

steven.gould at cgiusa.com steven.gould at cgiusa.com
Thu Feb 15 09:34:22 PST 2001

[Apologies if this is a repeat - we've been having problems sending
e-mail since the "Anna" virus.  :-( ]

All,

I've been looking through some of the things in the TODO.TXT file, and
had some questions about this item:

* Look at putting XML files in the jdom.jar META-INF directory for
things like version, credits, description, etc, then access/print the
info using JDOM classes executed by a "java -jar jdom.jar" command.  See
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jar/

<<<

I've created a META-INF directory and a MANIFEST.MF file for it and got
it "compiled" into the jdom.jar as intended. Using the java -jar
jdom.jar command, we would need to specify a main routine to run - which
could display the version information, etc. Does anyone (esp. Jason or
Brett) have any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc. as to what class the
main method should be in?

Any suggestions welcome,

Steve