[jdom-interest] verify document with JDom?

Peoter Veliki peoter_veliki at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 13:22:13 PST 2001

I'm giving that a shot, the problem is that it is hanging when I try to instantiate a SAXBuilder.  Any idea why it would hang?  This program below will never exit.

import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
import org.jdom.*;
import org.jdom.input.*;
import org.jdom.output.*;

public class XMLVerify{
 public static void main(String args[]){
  String fileName = "/home/peterb/Gateway/creditscoreRequest.xml";
  Document xmlDoc = buildDoc(fileName);
 }

 public static Document buildDoc(String fileName){
  try{
   // Build the document with SAX and Xerces, with validation
   SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder(true);
   // create and return the document
   return builder.build(new File(fileName));
  }catch(Exception e){
   e.printStackTrace();
   return null;